Course: Anger Management Skills
Benjamin Franklin once said, "In this world nothing can be said to be certain, except death and taxes." We would add a third item to his list: anger. Controlling and limiting anger is important in every aspect of one's life. Without control you are putting limits on what you can accomplish in your personal and professional life.
Anger can be an incredibly damaging force, costing people their jobs, personal relationships, and even their lives when it gets out of hand. However, since everyone experiences anger, it is important to have constructive approaches to manage it effectively. The Anger Management course will help teach you how to identify your anger triggers and what to do when you get angry.
- Understand anger dynamics in terms of the anger cycle and the fight and flight theory
- Know common anger myths and their factual refutations.
- Know the helpful and unhelpful ways of dealing with anger
- Understand the difference between objective and subjective language
- Know tips in identifying the problem
- Express a feeling or position using I-messages
- Negotiation and solution-building
- Reflect on one’s hot buttons and personal anger dynamics
- Learn and practice de-escalation techniques
|Module One: Getting Started
Module Two: Understanding Anger
Module Three: Do's and Don'ts
Module Four: Gaining Control
Module Five: Separate the People from the Problem
Module Six: Working on the Problem
|Module Seven: Solving the Problem
Module Eight: A Personal Plan
Module Nine: The Triple A Approach
Module Ten: Dealing with Angry People
Module Eleven: Pulling it All Together
Module Twelve: Wrapping Up
Duration: 2-3 hours
Target Audience: All
NOTE: To qualify for your official BestCorporateAcademy certificate you must study and complete all modules and score 80% or higher before you can purchase your certificate.